Guess where I am?
I'm sitting in the back room watching TV and typing away!!
Yes, I'm on a laptop :)
Ian's old one. . .
And Ross has fixed it up for me so's I can access my tower hard drive and his too!! I can even access all his films while I sit here. Brilliant!!
So what's been happening?
Well, I went to The Potarch for dinner on Friday night with Anne, Johanne and Maura . . . and very nice it was too!
And now I know that halloumi cheese is very salty!
I always wondered what it was like. Every vegetarian who has ever been on "Come Dine with Me" has had halloumi cheese somewhere on their veggie menu and just that day, I'd seen part of a cooking show hosted by 'The Hairy Bikers' and they were making halloumi kebabs.
So what a coincidence that I find halloumi and rocket salad on the starter menu at Potties!
But something I LOVE came home from Bergen with Ian on Monday night.
"Hold them up Ian," I asked pointing the camera at him.
"Aw Ian,try and be a bit more enthusiastic!"
So he did!
They're finished now :(
Ian and I shared the last one just before bedtime last night. He bit the head off and tossed the body over to me. I popped it into my mouth followed by my last mouthful of coffee and savoured my final delight! :(
"Mummy and Daddy's house is a BIG house," said Luca as we were driving home on Tuesday night. He usually chunters away in the back seat when we're driving.
So I replied,". . . And Granny and Granda live in a big house too! "
"Well, Granny,"
I waited for him to go on. . . "You don't live in a big house. . . really." I could sense the head moving from side to side behind me.
"Oh. . . ok then."
So Gary and Carole, your son reckons your house is bigger than mine. . . I live in a wee house obviously, just never realised it.
Here he is. . . showing off one of his bead design on Tuesday.
"These are eggs," he had told me.
"I'll take the next photo. Ok Granny?" said Luca, keen to get in on the action.
So this is Luca's photo of a hump backed whale -
The boy's a genius. Well I always knew that :)
Just before I go, let me tell you what happened when I went to pick up Luca from nursery this week -
As I stepped into the nursery, one of the posse of little people who surrounded me, looking up at me expectantly and pawing my coat and trousers, shared with me the fact that he wasn't going to get a biscuit.
What are you supposed to say?
"Oh dear, that is a pity," I replied but kept moving forward, heading for the shoe rack and Luca.
Having escaped my fan club, I sat on the floor with Luca while he changed his shoes but as we got up to go, one of the girls in charge came over.
"Luca didn't make a biscuit to eat for his afternoon snack," she said and looking directly at Luca, added, "Did you Luca?"
A little soft voice coming from a very serious little face, trying very hard to keep a stiff upper lip replied while looking at a spot somewhere on the opposite wall, "No."
Apparently, he and the little person who would have burst if he hadn't shared his shame with me, had been left for a second, alone, at the baking table.
There were sweeties on the table.
These it had been explained to them were for putting on top of the biscuits before they went into the oven!
When she got back the sweeties had all gone. The boys had scoffed the lot!!
"But he has said he's sorry," the girl went on.
"And he has accepted his punishment. Isn't that right, Luca?" she added looking again at Luca who was still standing - like a little tin soldier, his big brown eyes having never left the spot on the wall.
"Yes," he answered in a very small voice, his little chin raised ever so slightly. Sadness permeating his little being.
"And he has agreed he will never do it again," she finished.
We left under a cloud, shoulders sagging with the shame of it all.
As we stepped out into the carpark, everything changed!!
"C'mon Granny," said little Jollyboots. "Let's go to the supermarket and get the milk. And we could get a Ben 10 chocolate lollipop too?"
Hmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment