It's gloomy outside today and for the first time this year, I caught sight of my breath!!
The house was downright chilly when I got back from Mass so the heating's on now and hopefully, I'll soon be able to take off my coat!
Andy is outside just now with his leaf blower. I reckon we maybe have a handful of leaves still to come down but the leaf fall is just about completed.
On a different note, little poxy Luca spent yesterday with Ross and I to let his mum and dad go into town to spend some of their John Lewis vouchers. His body is pretty spotty and there are more coming out on his arms and legs and a beauty under his right eye, but his humour was good so he obviously was feeling fine.
Gary was saying that when he told folk at his work that Luca had chicken pox, they all started rolling up trouser legs and exposing various other body parts to show him their chicken pox scars!
Mine was on my torso just below waist level on the right side. At least it used to be! I checked after Gary left. . . it's gone! Gary reminded me of where his is, but I'll let him have the pleasure of telling.
Question is, do we look on the pock marks as a badge of honour to be shared with comrades? And are those who came through unscathed unable to feel that bond of kinship?
I certainly am feeling the loss of my mark! :(
What d'you think?
He's coming back tomorrow, Luca that is. His daddy is dropping him off before he heads into town - he's on jury duty!
Y'know I've never been called up for jury duty!
Anyway, Luca is staying with us on Monday night and we'll give him back on Tuesday night. Carole has been advised that he should be all crusted by Wednesday and ready to go back to nursery.
Yesterday, we built Willy Wonka's factory out of bricks, crocodiles out of stones and a family of camels from lego.
"Don't break them up, Granny," was the command as he put the lego back in the box."Remember!" he says pointing his little finger,"keep them like that till I come back, ok!"
Ok Luca, but the box lid won't fit on. Daddy camel is too tall :(
Laura and James on their wedding day!
I thought you might like to see a photo of Anne's daugter and her new husband as of last week. They are just back from a few days in Paris and are through at Anne's today. James, whose a very good cook I'm told, is making Sunday lunch for them all as a thank you for all their hard work in organising the wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment