Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Wednesday 25th November

It's past eight o'clock!

... and what does Wee Willie Winkie want to know?

It's been a long day:
It started off dark.
Then it rained and rained and the wind blew a gale.
Now it's dark again.
I'm ready to curl up in bed again and dream of bright sunny days.

... I'm coming wee Kelly - make room in the bed.

Aunt Mary has just sent me a text to let me know that the Cart has burst it's banks and Seedhill is flooded (for those of you who don't know, Seedhill is an area of Paisley - Aunt Mary and Uncle Brian lived there for many years).

She says she's fed up being soaking wet!

I was going to say, "Aren't we all!"

But that would be to diminish what the west coasters have been going through.
They've had it much worse than us.



On a lighter note, the beautiful picture below arrived last week with Luca.
A picture to grace the fridge of his Granny and Granda.
His mummy helped with the glueing and the sparkles - lovely job, Carole!



What do we think?
Do we see an artistic bent?


When I opened my emails this morning, there was one from Ancestry.com!
They wanted to draw my attention to a certain Job Sutton - brother of Granny Lottie's grandmother on her father's side.

Oh great, I thought another piece of the jigsaw!
And so it was...
... but not what I expected!

In the census of 1901, they had found him in jail...
... the Walton Prison in Liverpool!

I wonder what he had done?

I checked out the prison on the internet - no clues there.
In 1901, it served as a prison for both men and women and for any crime committed in the area - including murder.
It even had it's own gallows till the middle of the 20th century!

This is the Walton Prison where poor old Job Sutton spent some time.

No comments: