Wednesday, 18 November 2009

18th November

Your postcard arrived today Kelly. Thank you!
The beach looks lovely.

We also have sunshine today, by the way, by the way!!
Do you know what this girl wrote on her postcard?

'.... missing you
all in soggy old blighty'

The cheek of it!! :)

Do the words rub and nose come into anyone else's mind at this time?

Talking of soggy old places - I never did show you my photo, which a very nice man in Nardini's, took for me...


Check out the pianist in the background ... how chic is that!

Nardini's is as great as I remembered it, from my childhood. The same art deco interior with wall murals and golden basket tables and chairs.

And the same huge icecream sundaes, yum.

We restrained ourselves since we had, afterall, just eaten fish and chips with bread and butter and a pot of tea, but the people at the next table chose to share... a 'Clyde Coast Extravaganza'!

http://www.nardinis.co.uk/userfiles//ICECREAMmenu.pdf
Above is the wesite for Nardini's which has a list of all their ice cream sundaes.
The particular one that I've mentioned costs £12.95!!

There is a U tube video of Nardini's made just after it reopened, last year. I'm smiling away to myself having just watched it... what can I say?
The makers should be shot!

Just type Nardini's into the search engine and you'll find it!!

No comments: