Saturday, 20 June 2009

Saturday 20th June

I can't believe it's been so long since I last opened my blog and wrote anything!

I know I meant to post some pictures last Wednesday when I got home from Inverurie but I put it off and then put it off again!


Gary said to me this morning, "Do you realise your last entry in your blog was the 8th of June?"
"Blimey!" I thought.
I knew it had been a while but not almost two weeks!!

Why were Gary and I together this morning?
Well, it was Luca's first Sport's Day.

Yes, you read it right and believe me, he wasn't the youngest.
There was a toddler's race run just after we arrived.

The winner was the wee guy who made it to the finishing line...

One wee kid noticed his granda standing at the side.
Another stopped and sat down for a wee rest and a third decided he just didn't fancy going in that direction.
It was hilarious!

Now Luca's group were all up for the challenge.
Well, sort of.
If they'd had any idea what on earth was going on.


Their first race was a running race and Luca began with a false start.
"That's why he didn't win," explained his dad.
He'd obviously given his all in that first start :) His reserves were used up ...but even so he made a very respectable second and got a wee mrshmallow for his effort.


His second race was a potato and spoon race.
Within two or three steps from the starting line all competators had dropped their potatoes but being the troopers they were, they all picked them up and ran - a potato in one hand and a spoon in the other.

And lastly there was the jumping race.
You must be joking! Let's do a couple of jumps to keep the spirit of gamesmanship alive and then just run for it.

Luca had obviously enjoyed whatever it was Dad and Gran had taken him to because as we got into the car, he asked if we could go to 'the North Sea' ??!!
A quick rerun in our heads gave us what he actually said... nursery!

And what was the highlight of the morning?
Was it the joy in wee Luca's face as he stormed down the track to the finishing line - just running for the joy of it?
Or was it the little plastic silver cup won by his daddy for being first in the parent's race?

Well I know which I chose but Gary? I'm not so sure.
He confided that half way through the race he cast his eyes to the side and thought, " I'd better run faster or I'm not going to win this race!"

And he did...

Here is the competition...I ask you?!!


Gary streaked past me.
I just couldn't react in time to catch him in the frame.

No comments: