Maybe some of them have gone already! Probably.
Our flights to Las Vegas...
Does anyone else find they know they have packed everything but still have to stop within yards of home just to make sure?
I do and did!
Ross dropped us at the airport in plenty of time for our flight to London. After he came to Australia, I had hoped that he would come with us to America, but he couldn't because of work.
I've left him in charge of my potted plants and there are lots of them!
Most of them are in the porch or on the top part of the drive to make watering with the hose easier.
However, I left the Japanese cherry and the laurel for Ian and Ross to move through from the back garden because they are in huge pots and Ross was happy to move them until he came over and saw them at which point he decided they would be better off where they were.
" Moving those big heavy planters only to move them back again doesn't make a lot of sense," he said.
"But will you remember they're there?" I asked.
"Yes, not a problem. Don't worry!" he responded.
Just a bit too glibly!!
So I have to believe him when he says he will remember they are there and need watering.
Of course he will!


And here's Ian on board the flight to Las Vegas...

The journey was shorter than expected because the cabin lights were switched off after lunch and I must have slept on and off for a good few hours.
Afternoon tea which was served not long before landing just didn't feel right! I was definitely looking for breakfast!
Las Vegas...
Taxi from airport to hotel. MGM Grand Signature - Tower 3. Very nice little apartment as opposed to just an hotel room so spacious which was good.

The photo below is the view from one of our hotel room windows.

What did we do? What was Las Vegas time? I think it was about teatime.
I'm happy enough to give Ian his head, so I found myself in The Pub in Monte Carlo having a couple of beers.

This is Ian in The Pub, in Monte Carlo.

And here he is as we wandered the streets.
Next day? What day of he week was that?
Thursday...


This was our chosen breakfast location...
Ian had waffles and I had an omelette and we waited around long enough to experience the rumble in the jungle when this fella - not Ian, the elephant -waves his trunk up and down and trumpets for all he's worth!!

We bought a 24 hour monorail ticket on the Thursday and took ourselves to the end of the line to the brewpub...

Here's the place -

And here's Isn enjoying some beer and prawns inside -


And so, happy and contented we set off back to The Strip...

... where we wander along enjoying the spectacle.







Including a trip on the canal in the Venetian, in a gondola with a singing gondolier. I didn't want the gondola experience when Ian first suggested it but I'm glad I changed my mind, it was really fun!!

Then, not having time to go back to the hotel, we had dinner at Bubba Gump...

Advice from 'restroom' - when in America let's speak like Americans :-)



... before we went to see Cirque de Soleil - Love.
The end of a lovely day :-)
Friday, we set off for Reno. I think I've made a good start so I'm going to stop here for today but hopefully, I'll bring us up to date tomorrow :-)
Jo xx
No comments:
Post a Comment