So since I'm at a loose end - not wanting to stray very far from the expected phone call telling me to come and pick up my car with it's repaired tyre, I thought I might have a little go, myself. Slow puncture. Not funny when all you have is a foot pump :-(
Okay...I think I'll start with some local breaking news for those of you who aren't on FaceBook. The arrival of Karen Fitzpatrick's fourth baby has just been announce by his proud grandfather. Yes, it's a boy! Isaac James, younger brother to three older sisters - Niamh, Asia and Sienna.
What now?
Right, my short visit down the road to see Mary.
It produced no photos but lots of good times...
Out for dinner with Aunt Agnes and Mary in a little restaurant in Johnstone and a day trip to Largs with Mary, Julie and the boys to experience VikingGar and enjoy a lunchtime visit to Nardini's - I just love it's Art Deco interior! Mary and I had senior citizen's fish and chips - which comes with a pot of tea and slices of bread and butter, very traditional, followed by ice cream... so many flavours to choose from, I had one scoop of coconut and one of Pear Belle Helene (vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and pear through it - yummy).
And Friday night was take away curry and lots of wine at Julie's.
Ian picked me up from Aberdeen railway station on Saturday, which was a relief - travel sick, couldn't have coped with bus home :-(
... and here is where I was on Monday last week. Do you recognise it, Lucy?

I think I passed your old department on my way through the warren of corridors that led me to the x-ray department.

... and the good news is the x-ray showed nothing unusual :-)
Wee panic yesterday and a full speed dash to Inverurie to pick up Luca from school.
I forgot that the Echt to Dunecht road would be closed this week!
Yikes. Diversion!!
Big yellow sign indicates a right turn.
And then I drove on and on and on and on...
Was I going all the way to Westhill?
Yes, I was.
But, no more signs!
I'm supposed to know where to go!
Finally, after a dash through Westhill and up the hill to the country road that leads to the dual carriageway that I usually hit at Kintore, I crossed my fingers at the one junction on the road and chose the wrong direction, adding several miles onto my already extended journey :-(
You'll be glad to hear I was in time and that Gary says the diversion route doesn't take much longer because you spend more time on the fast road.
The very fast road. Scary.
Don't like driving with my foot on the floor.
Thought I'd put this photo of Ian in Ullapool on today since 'The World' berthed there the other day.

Radio Scotland informed us this morning.
Folk live on it! Really rich folk that is. You buy your accommodation and then pay maintenance. Imagine living your life sailing from one destination to another!!
Check it out on the net!
No comments:
Post a Comment