Saturday, 16 October 2010

Saturday 16th October

So you thought I was never going to write again!?
I know, I thought so too.

But then, the other night when I was fast asleep, the computer fairy came and gave me a new keyboard!

It's a joy to use. You can read the letters on every key :) and it doesn't drop a leg every five minutes and have a wobble. Look under your own keyboard, they do have little legs, you know!

So here I am.
What has happened since I last wrote? Let me think. . .

Carole's Hen Night.
The theme being 'Horror', take a look at these three goulish girls !


Centre stage we have the 'vampish' Carole.
"It's a dream come true. I've always wanted to dress up like a vampire," said the unusually blue eyed Carole. "True I'm a vampire with a lisp. It started when I put my teeth in, but I still think I would scare you if we met in a dark alley. And the pvc cat suit will be infinitely useful in the future!"

On the right is Jenny: partner of Kevin (Gary's pal).

You'll meet Jenny at the wedding as herself but for the Hen Night, she had chosen to be a bloodthirsty vampire complete with blood trickling down from the sides of her mouth - very scarey. Unfortunately as the evening wore on, the blood wore off and the teeth, bought especially for the evening, were a disappointment as they kept falling out! I think we can all agree, however, that the hair was a resounding success.

On the left of the photo is Annie: a bridesmaid on the wedding day, a wicked witch for the Hen Night. You can just see the remnants of black lipstick at the corner of her mouth. It lasted, oh probably till . . . after the second or third cocktail had been consumed.


Here's a photo of cocktail number one in the process of being produced. This one - the name of which slips my mind - was probably the most dngerous as it tasted like mango juice but had three shots of alcohol in it.

"The cocktails were scrummy yummy weren't they," Annie commented, "especially the After Eight!" The cocktail Annie is referring to was a mix of Bailleys Cream and a mint liqueur. It tasted like melted mint choc chip icecream!!

The bartender also constructed a Mohito and a Cosmopolitan and having consumed glasses of these too and designed our own trully dreadful coctails, the party relocated to Tapas Joes for something to eat and then onto Soul to sample their wares before I exited stage left and came home, courtesy of little Ross who came into Aberdeen to pick me up.



The award of the night must surely go to Dot - who will be a the wedding, who arrived by bus dressed as the corpse bride.

A vision dressed in black and eerily pale due to white face powder she acquired in a Halloween make up pack, she sported a white nylon, curly wig and clutched a rose with a skull sticking out! The other passengers on the bus had given her a wide berth! I wonder why?



No comments: