Friday, 21 May 2010

Friday lunchtime

Sun's shining again :)

And John, the gasman, has fixed the boiler so we have hot water again!

The problem was - and John showed me the evidence, that the coating on the wire that connects the timer to the boiler was damaged exposing the wire inside. The wire was touching the metal casing of the boiler and so everytime the timer sent a current down the wire to switch on the boiler it earthed and the circuit breaker put the boiler off again.

Yes. Something like that.

John has put some insulating tape round the faulty bit of the wire and another gasman is coming on Monday morning to replace the wire.

Seemple.

Ross is working just now on Aunt Dawns computer and he says it's a big job. Her systems are a mess and will need to be reinstalled and we all know what that means, don't we?

Happy days!



I took this photo when I was on holiday last year - I like pictures with my stories but I don't have anything current, hence my choice. I like it :)

Don't you think it feels warm and sunny?

No comments: