Thursday, 6 May 2010

Evening of Thursday 6th May

Getting very close to a certain little person's birthday :)


I thought I'd come upstairs and get the book I'm reading at the moment - move it on a few chapters.

'Grave Surprise' by Charlaine Harris. I got it when we were on holiday.

It's about a girl who has been able to sense dead bodies buried in the ground ever since she was struck by lightning.
"Not too sure about that one," I hear you say.
Well I am - sure that is - it's dire but I'm half way through it.
I've started so . . .
You never can tell, it might get better! :)

The garden refuse has been taken to the tip today, along with a couple of very determined snails who just refused to let go!

Come to think of it, maybe I should start collecting all the snails that live in my garden and give them a new home in the big garden rubbish skip at the tip :)

For the past few weeks, since the leaves have appeared on it, I have had to go out and visit my climbing hydrangea every morning.
Why? To take all the snails off the plant and throw them back, as high as possible, onto the embankment.

I swear everyday, as soon as they've landed, they begin the journey back down to the hydrangea!! :(

They obviously think it's delicious! In years past they've decimated it, leaving it looking like a raggedy twig! But not this year! Oh no, I am going to save it this year.

Friends have suggested placing jam jars of beer all around the plant.
" - at least they would drown happy" they say.
Others have encouraged me to put down slug pellets - there's a rather tastefully named one, I believe, called 'Slug Off'!

But I must admit, I have a soft spot for these slimy little antenae wagglers in shells and just can't do it :)

Part of my plan for this summer is to clear out our garage - I want one as neat and tidy as Lucy and Scott's.



Step 1 is to get rid of the car that sits in front of the garage door to give me room to put things out.
DO YOU HEAR ME, ROSS!

Just before I sign off, I want to share a couple of images with you.

Ian

having found a beer that he likes . . .


and a temperature that he doesn't. . .


I love these photos!

No comments: