I've gone back into Ancestry.co.uk, this morning, to fill in the information I've gleaned so far about Ian's family tree - form filling at the moment but you never know, it might bear some fruit.
Granny Barr's mum and dad are still a closed book - he, I just can't identify and she, seems to disappear straight after she got married... and the biggest mystery is why Granny Barr spent part of her childhood in the highlands of Scotland as a 'boarder' on a farm!
Interstingly, the next entry down in the same 1901 census (where I found Old Granny Barr on the farm) also has a 'boarder' from Glasgow living in the house!
I'm beginning to wonder if there was some kind of scheme going on at that time... could it be for moving destitute children/orphans out of the city, or was it to do with TB convalescence?
Intriguing... what was going on?
What I have discovered is that somebody else is also researching the Barr family - the link is fairly well back - George and Margaret Barr from Paisley - born about 1820. Ian's great great granny and grandad.
I wonder if it's Barry :)
Changing the subject completely, here are the photos from Sunday. Bit limited, I'm afraid. There's Luca or Luca and Gary and there's bathroom!
Sorry for the lack of variety in the settings!
And by the way Carole and Ian were also present on the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment