Thursday, 4 February 2010

Thursday 4th February

Tea will be a little late tonight!

I bought a chicken to do in the oven - fair enough. Loads of time.
The potatoes are peeled, the brussel sprouts ready to be steamed.
The chicken is sitting in its little tinfoil package - on a bed of root vegetables with a lemon placed delicately within - ready to go into a preheated oven when its heated up.

So?

Well that was the situation at 3.30pm.

I sat down to watch Larkrise to Candleford with a few pieces of chocolate covered toffee and a mug of coffee.
My intention being to give the oven 20 mins or so to heat up and then pause the episode and put the chicken in the oven.

Only things haven't worked out!
An hour later, I'm sitting there still with tears dripping off my chin - it had been a particularly harrowing episode in which a measle epidemic hit the village and little Alex died!

I rushed through to the kitchen only to discover that the chicken wouldn't fit into the small oven (the one that had been heating up for an hour) so I've had to put the large oven on which will need to heat up before I put the chicken in!

If you're reading this, darlin... there's no need to rush home for tea!

This photo has absolutely nothing to do with the posting but I think its rather pretty! Its one of my River Dee winter materpieces.

No comments: