Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Wednesday morning

It snowed again last night and sitting all cosy in bed under the duvet, I can see the snow on the branches of the trees and hear the scraping sound of folk clearing the ice off their windscreens.

Carole is still dreadfully ill with this flu bug. She reckons she went back to work too soon. Remember too, that she had pleurisy last year, you just wonder if there is now a weakness there ;-(

We had fish pie for tea last night. I made one for Banchory and one for Inverurie.

As Luca got into the car after school, he caught sight of the pie on the floor.
"I hope that's not for my tea," he said mournfully.

"Oh yes, Luca!" I replied to which I got the inevitable response.
"I don't like that!"

You feel so sorry for him - he's a dab hand at 'the pitiful'!



In the end, I compromised, he had some fish out of the pie with frozen alphabet chips which are more to his liking!

There was somebody else who liked the pie... wee Yoda!
Tempted past endurance, she had managed to leap onto the table while we were in the room next door and was frantically trying to get the lid off the dish when Gary discovered her. It was his tea, she was trying to steal!

Poor wee think was scolded, firmly smacked and thrown outside to reflect on her bad behaviour!




No comments: