Thursday, 28 February 2013

Wednesday 27th February

Yesterday, found the pick up from school very pleasant!
Instead of pulling layers of clothes tighter around us and lowering our heads to battle the cold wind and rain, we had the joy of striding out in the warmth of the sun.
I think Spring is just around the corner!
Here's the evidence...



"Follow me, Granny!" Luca calls back over his shoulder.
"C'mon, let's run!"
Groan...
I lift the leaden weights I call legs higher and crash them down again with as much power as I can muster. My speed increases ever so slightly. The increased momentum lasting for all of 30 seconds.
It's enough. Thank goodness!
We slow down and role play takes over. At least there's no more running:-)
Role play, you may think is a doddle.
Think again.
After an hilarious confession sharing with Carole last night, I have discovered that I am not alone in finding role play with Luca mind numbingly boring!
Luca's last visit to Granny and Granda's involved my getting into
character as a variety of different cars to meet up with Luca's characters - also cars, and pass the time of day. Luca would lead the conversation and it would go something like this...
"Hi, how are you?"
"Oh, I'm fine. How are you?"
"I'm fine, thanks. Would you like to go for a walk?"
"That would be lovely! Yes I would."
As we move off...
"It's a lovely day, isn't it!"
...and so on and so on.
No deviation from the Luca led script was allowed.
We would replace these cars in their appointed space in the line and take out the next two ...
I thought this was as low as it was possible to go till Carole confessed to recently having played the part of the seaweed in an underwater scenario at bath time!
What can I say? :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: