
That's Ian home from his week-end away to see his buddy in London.
The football final between Spain and Italy for the World Cup is just about to start so I've retreated up to the bedroom.
It's been a quiet week end. Friday was swimming. Just Gill and I. Elizabeth is off on her holidays just now to Italy and Myra is still in Australia.
Ross was working Friday night in the Douglas so I treated myself to a bottle of wine and a rack of spare ribs courtesy of Costco and watched tv.
Saturday,I took a trip into town to Jewson with the intention of buying rockwool but came home with a new pair of jeans instead.
The lad in Jewson suggested I buy glass wool instead because it has a government subsidy on it at the moment and would cost me a lot less. Hmm.
Dan had said rock wool.
So we priced it. £202.00, if we were to infill all four walls completely!
Then we had a discussion about the merits of recycled Kingspan which are foam boards with foil on both sides. It's very effective and the shower room is very cold but it's solid boards so you need to saw it into appropriately sized pieces.
Are you following this?
If you are, could you let me know which direction I should go in!
Lucy joined Ross and I at teatime. We sat her on the table and chatted while we ate our cottage pie. FaceTime is a wonderful thing!

While I'm on the subject of food, can I just say I'm enjoying using the new induction hob : )
Induction seems to be as good as gas in that it cools down as soon as you turn the heat down and so far has been easy to keep clean - I spill and splash a lot when I'm cooking but with this hob, I can wipe up spills with no danger of burning myself or setting the dishcloth on fire!
Today, I went with the girls to the GardenCentre after Mass for coffee and a scone. We took little Freya with us today as she's staying with her Papa and Granny while her mum gets ready for their flitting tomorrow.
They're just back from holiday in Majorca. All four of them went to celebrate Laura's thirtieth birthday.
They had a lovely time but their journey over was marred by a large stag party who were on their flight and were throwing back alcohol at 7.00am in the morning. They got very rowdy on the plane. They wouldn't sit down, took to standing on the seats to shout backwards and forwards amongst themselves and they got abusive when the stewards refused to give them more alcohol. Anne said that Freya was clinging to Lesley, terrified by their antics.
What a shame.
Maybe something to keep in mind if you're travelling - avoid Fridays if you're going to the more popular Stag week-end destinations in Europe!
Just one week to go before Ian and I head out to The States to spend some time with Lucy and Scott and the boys : )
It'll be a busy day at Aberdeen airport.
As well as us, Sri and Peter are flying out. They're heading down to London - Maya's baby is due.
And Johanne and Colin are flying to Paris for their summer holiday.
Happy days!
No comments:
Post a Comment