Saturday, 9 July 2011

Saturday afternoon

I'm back . . .

9th July! My goodness it's been a long time since I wrote anything.
But here we go. . .
I started to scan some photos of Gary intending to put some on my blog in time for his birthday. But our scanner only gives you 300 pixels by 300 pixels so they were rubbish :(
However, yesterday, it suddenly came to me . . . Mark - Scott's cousin, made copies of some photos for me donkey's year's ago. And he had photographed them and uploaded them onto the computer - so I tried that! And it worked - well maybe not brilliant but definitely much clearer that when they were scanned. So . . .


Happy Birthday Gary!
b.1975 weighing in at 9lbs 9oz!

When Gary was a baby, he had very little hair, so we started affectionately calling him 'wee baldy Gary'. Over time this was changed to wee Garybaldy - note the similarity to Garibaldi! And it stuck :)
Wee cutie, isn't he!


Here he is with his big sister and his Granny Stewart. They're in the park in Broxbourne. Ian's mum and dad were down visiting us with their caravan that year.
I loved Gary in that hat. It had a huge pom pom on it which you can't actually see in this photo . . . wait a minute . . .
This one is a bit better. You can just about make it out. 

This second photo of Gary in 'the hat' was taken in Hoddesdon. The bigger town next door to Broxbourne. It had a Sainsbury's supermarket which I used to walk to once a week to get my big shop. Ah happy days.
I thought I looked really cool in those glasses :) Of their time, yes?

I've got some of you in your middle years too, Gary! Watch this space :)

No comments: